You can take a boating education course in a classroom setting with DNR, USCG, USPS . You may also take one of our approved online courses from the service providers below. Some have an associated cost, while others may be free - find the one that suits you best and make sure you are safe on the water!
- DNR Law Enforcement: visit the Go Outdoors website and search for a Boater Education Event.
You must have a Georgia DNR Go Outdoors Account to sign up for a class. When you select the class it will ask you to locate your account by using your DOB and SSN. If you do not have an account it will prompt you to create an account with GA DNR Go Outdoors, then sign up for your event.
- The DNR Classroom Boater Education Course is FREE
- US Coast Guard Auxiliary District (Courses may include some cost to cover materials - ask for full details from class contact person before enrolling)
Find a Class close to your local Flotilla.
--Lake Lanier Flotilla 29
--Lake Allatoona Flotilla 22
--Lake Chatuge Flotilla 23
--Lake Hartwell Flotilla 25
--Lake Sinclair Flotilla 27
--Clarks Hill Lake and Upper Savannah River Flotilla 21
--Brunswick Flotilla 10-10
--Savannah Flotilla 10-2
--St. Mary's Flotilla 14-1
--West Point Lake Flotilla 8-1
- United States Power Squadrons, public boating courses, advanced courses and seminars.
- Atlanta Sail & Power Squadron, Check this website for boating safety classes, seminars, and on the water training around Lake Lanier and Lake Allatoona.
Golden Isles Sail and Power Squadron. Check this website for boating safety classes, seminars, and on the water training near the southern Georgia Coast.
Tybee Light Sail and Power Squadron. Check this website for boating safety classes, seminars, and on the water training near the Savannah/Richmond Hill coast.
Muscogee Sail and Power Squadron, Check this website for boating safety classes, seminars, and on the water training near West Point, Harding, Oliver and Goat Rock.
Golden Corner Lakes Power Squadron. Check this website for boating safety classes, seminars, and on the water training near Lake Hartwell.
REPLACEMENT Boater Education Cards.
- If you took your class online, you must call that company to replace your card.
- If you took the class with DNR in a classroom, log back into your GA DNR Go Outdoors account and print your card for FREE. Click here to log in to your account. Click on the "My Georgia Certifications" tab at the top to verify you have Boater Education. Click on "Purchase/ Replace a License/Permit" tab and select Boater Education Card. You can print the card on your printer.
- If you took a Boater Education Course in a classroom with DNR and your Boater Certification is not showing up? Call CPT Mike England at 770-918-6414 for assistance.
Earn a Complimentary ANNUAL DAY USE PASS
Take a Georgia Boater Education course and receive a pass from US Army Corps of Engineers
Click here for details on the Georgia Boater Education course.